Friday, February 18, 2011

"Atlas Shrugged" featuring HSR; coming to a theatre near you


http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-20032877-54.html



I don't want to make too much of this, but a movie is to be released in April (?) based on Ayn Rand's Book, "Atlas Shrugged."

They made some plot changes and a high-speed train plays a big part in it.  The important thing to remember is this, Rand was strongly opposed to government intervention over anything, like Libertarians who see her book as a basic primer.  So, in the movie we'll see the HSR as a good thing being privately funded and promoted; I think against the evil government which wants to prevent it. If the movie makers had only asked me about introducing this hot potato, I would have steered them away.

I can't wait to see it.  I won't really know which side to cheer;  the private HSR side or the evil government side.